How about an in-person
one to one
in Yorkshire, England?
Photography Tuition with Jess
in real life, in Yorkshire.
Aim: To hugely improve your current shooting and/or editing skills to make an incredible difference to your photography outputs in any portrait niche from dogs to kids to cats to horses.
Please note: Accommodation, transport and meals* are not provided.
*Refreshments (tea/coffee/water etc) for all indoor periods are provided.
For Photography tuition you will need:
- Moderate fitness
- Waterproofs (top and bottoms!)
- DSLR/SLT/Mirrorless Camera
- Spare batteries and memory cards
- Lens (50mm+ on FF/35mm+ on APS-C)
^ Ideal lens would be 85mm, 105mm, 135mm or 70-200
For Editing tuition you will need:
- iMac/Surface Studio/Laptop/Notebook & charger
- Adobe Lightroom
- Adobe Photoshop
Ready? Click to skip ahead and book a
What happens in a one-to-one?
A one-to-one with Jess takes place at her home in East Yorkshire. Thankfully, it has close transport links to the rest of England by both rail and road. The M62/A63 junction is just minutes away and collection from a main line train station with direct connections to Doncaster, Leeds, York and London can be provided.
Jess takes in-person sessions very seriously but they are pretty much what you would expect from watching the YouTube content – filled with humour, energy and a huge dose of authenticity. You’ll work together to focus on core and supplementary techniques to ensure you leave thoroughly shattered and majorly up-skilled.
Jess has been offering in-person one-to-ones for over 6 years and has a tried and tested process to deliver solid results. In-person one-to-one photography training can cover:
- Photography basics for beginners to end with shooting on full manual mode with confidence
- Off-camera flash crash course to end with shooting outdoors with flash with confidence
- Advanced portrait techniques and skills to end with a full client gallery, shooting with confidence
- Action photography techniques to end with in-motion sharp and saleable images, shooting with confidence
- Photoshop masterclass to end with a full edit with confidence
- Specific subject sessions to cover theory, shoot and basic workflows with either horses, dogs, children or families, with confidence
- Studio photography masterclass to end with a client shoot using multiple backgrounds and a 3 light set-up with confidence
- Business and/or marketing masterclass to end with a solid plan for sustainable growth
If one of those sounds like it’ll suit you down to the ground, continue onwards to select a duration…
A half-day one-to-one can take place in the morning or afternoon to suit the target skills in question. Half days are not recommended for full workflow tuition or for a mixture of shooting and editing, however, if just shooting is the focus, half days can be suitable for competent photographers/professionals.
Full-day one-to-ones are the most popular option and usually last between 6 and 8 hours, though Jess is renowned for continuing past the finish time to ensure students leave confident in their new skills. Full days are suitable for most goals and outcomes within a single subject niche and offer great value for money.
Multi-day one-to-ones act as a fast track to photographic brilliance. By spending a number of days with Jess you’ll be immersed in her workflows and methods and by the end, you could have created a body of work to award-winning standard or planned and launched a killer business!
What others say about in-person one-to-ones:
Book a one-to-one:
To book a one-to-one, the first step is to complete the form below. This gets the ball rolling and you and Jess will work together to select a date that works for both of you. Jess will also ask you lots of questions and may ask you to have a quick call to discuss your goals if needed. Don’t worry, she doesn’t bite!
To view the terms and conditions, please click here.