Online Live Course
Status: Live Running. Waitlist Open.
Time until standard release:
Interested in knowing when the standard release of Studio Bootcamp is available? This form here will pop you into a handy list that will be emailed when that happens in early 2024. By opting in, you’re just asking for the info, you are not committing to buying anything. Promise.
Welcome to Studio Bootcamp.
Live-run enrolment closing date: 11th November 2023
Standard release due: January 2024
Learning Style: Self study only
Type: Theory and Practical
Aim: To learn and master important studio shooting techniques, focusing on multiple light set ups, theory and equipment.
Studio Bootcamp runs in its part-live, part-prerecorded format for 6-8 weeks at the end of 2023. In early 2024, the standard release of this course with all recorded lessons will be available for normal enrolment.
That means that even if you missed out on the live and community-centric run of this course, you can gain access to the Bootcamp materials after it is completed.
So if you got FOMO from the live run, or if you like what you saw others create, you can find the source of all of that here, in January 2024!
This course exists for photographers who know how to take a sharp photograph and expose it well. You do not need to have existing studio lighting knowledge but if you have, you’ll be able to skip past the basics easily with more advanced information available.
For shooting, it will help to have access to some equipment to implement each lesson yourself, but you do not need to have everything, or even anything, to take the course.
For retouching, we use Lightroom Classic and Photoshop, but you are more than welcome to follow along with whatever tools you have available. You can easily switch out Lightroom for Camera Raw if that is your existing workflow too.
We dig into a lot throughout this course, but before you enrol, you need to be at the “starting point” for getting the most our of what is inside. You’ll need to:
- Be able to use your camera on manual mode [no? click here]
- Be able to take a super sharp photo every time [no? click here]
- Be able to correctly expose your images (outdoors is fine) [no? click here]
If you meet all of the above criteria, continue onwards!
Who is teaching?
This course is taught by International Multi-Award Winning Photographer, Jessica McGovern who has the following credentials:
- 200+ Recognitions for photographic work
- Judge for multiple international image competitions
- International Pet Photographer of the Year 2023
- International Pet Photographer of the Year 2020
- Pet Portrait of the Year 2020 (and runner-up)
- Northern Pet Photographer of the Year 2021 & 2022
- Northern Equine Photographer of the Year 2021
- International Panoramic Photographer of the Year 2021
- Speaker at The Photography Show 2021 & 2022
- 3 x Fellowships with 3 different organisations
- Featured in international publications
Regardless of location, means, background or gender, Jess believes that Photography is a skill where every individual can feel safe in their personal expression. She loves nature, landscapes, moving pieces of portraiture and high impact imagery.
If you’d like to check out Jess’ teaching style before committing to this course, check out our other online tutorials.